Current & Past Experiements
JS helpers including simplified object methods to allow for simple DOM class manipulation.
Check out clsJS on Github.
aniPNG is an update to the great PNG animation script developed by Steve Jones – AnimatedPNG.js.
Some of the features that have been added are:
- Directionality – when instantiating the object, the developer can choose to animate forwards or backwards.
- Callback Functions – callbacks can be added in order to carry out specific tasks when the animation is complete, such as changing a class or firing another animation.
Web Development Best Practices
Correcting some documentation layout and posting soon!
This document serves as a guide for proper Photoshop file architecture in order to hand-off to a development team. It is a quick reference that assists both Creative and Development teams when it comes to file preparation and delivery.
The Creative/Dev Hand-off document is available as an online “article” at this time.
The best weapon any developer has in their arsenal beyond their personal skillset is project knowledge and insight. Before development begins, the Creative team should compile a “Style Guide”. A style guide consists of such things as:
- A list of the colors to be used in the project.
This includes a color swatch along with the hex value.
- A list of the font family, weight, size and color for all sections of the project, such as headlines (h1 – h6), paragraphs, footnotes, links (standard, hover and visited states), codelines, etc.
- In addition to the above – it is helpful to include text-shadow and gradient information as well.
- Location and proper treatment of logos or other branding specific content.
- Navigation elements including: drop-shadow, gradient, hover, active and standard state information.
- Spacial information so that a consistent value is met for padding and margin in case the Photoshop files vary.
An online style guide generator!